Evaluating Gin, Whiskey, Brandy and Rum.
Registration Deadline extended to
at Huber’s Starlight Distillery.
Online Registration & Information:
7TH ANNUAL JUDGING OF ARTISAN AMERICAN SPIRITS
The American Distilling Institute will again conduct a blind judging of artisan American gins, rums, fruit infusions, brandies, moonshines, and whiskies for 2013. ADI conducts the only major spirits competition in the U.S. that focuses exclusively on artisan spirits. The purpose of this judging is to help promote the American craft distillers that are producing the finest quality artisan spirits and to give participating distillers valuable, unbiased, third-party feedback on the quality and process of their spirits.
Location: Huber’s Starlight Distillery
Judging Dates: March 4th & 5th
February 1st February 15th
Spirits must be received by February 22nd
Online Registration Click Here
Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded along with certificates and bottle-stickers for all medal winners. All entrants will receive tasting notes with comments from the spirits judges.
Judges reserve the right not to award medals if they deem no awards are merited in that category.
Medals will be announced at the 10th Anniversary Spirits Conference & Vendor Expo, April 1-4, 2013 in Denver, CO.
Spirits Categories & Classifications
Spirits in each class will be categorized to ensure that like spirits are tasted in the same flight.
Probable categorizations are as follows:
Old Tom Gin
Brandy from grapes
Aged brandy from other fruits (apple, cherry, peach, pear, plum, raspberry and other)
Un-aged brandy from other fruits (apple, cherry, peach, pear, plum, raspberry and other)
Fruit Infusions (fruit infusions into a fruit-based spirit not above 60 proof)
Moonshine will loosely be defined as spirits marketed as moonshine. ADI will accept spirits distilled from sugar or grain (or hybrids of either) that the TTB has designated as Distilled Spirits Specialty. Also, any clear whiskey or whiskey, on which the words “moon” or “shine,” or that clearly references “moonshine,” will be allowed in this category provided it is so designated at the time of registration.
ADI will also award innovative packaging. Bottles will be judges on overall originality, creativity, graphic design, integration of bottle design to label style, and aesthetic appeal. Each spirit submitted for judging will also be considered for the packaging award. Producers who wish to enter spirits for which there is no category, may enter bottles for only the packaging award.
The Judging Director reserves the right to create new categories and to categorize entries as is appropriate for spirits entered.
• Registration Deadline: midnight on Friday, February 1, 2013
• Samples must be received at Huber’s Starlight Distillery by Friday, February 22, 2013
• Payment must be received at the ADI prior to commencement of judging.
• Register online at www.distilling.com
• ENTRY FEE: $150 per spirit entered
• Payment by credit card must be made at time of registration.
• Payment by check must be received by ADI prior to commencement of judging.
• All products must have received COLA by the date of judging or they will not be considered for awards. Entrants will be required to upload a PDF or jpeg of their COLA while registering.
• Only ADI member distilleries are eligible to enter. Membership may be purchased at time of registration.
• Send two 750 ml bottles (or the equivalent amount) of each product for judging.
c/o SABRINA DYE
19816 HUBER RD
STARLIGHT, IN 47106
SHIPMENT MUST BE MARKED: “SAMPLES FOR LAB USE ONLY”
• Include a copy of the receipt/packing slip in the box with the bottles.
• We recommend Fed Ex or UPS for shipping. Please do not send via US Postal Service.
Note: All samples submitted for judging will be considered property of ADI.
ADI Reserves the right to photograph and publish photographs of all entries.
Additional InformationAndrew Faulkner | Judging Director | Drew@distilling.com | (415) 517-7377