From PANAMÁ-PACIFIC RUM:
Now arriving ashore at ports of call across the USA are three additional members of the Panamá-Pacific Rum family. In addition to the 9 Year and 23 Year expressions you already know and love, we are proud to share with you two new Reserva expressions: 5 Year and 15 Year, plus a 3 Year Blanco.
PANAMÁ-PACIFIC RUM’S JOURNEY begins at the Las Cabras Distillery, a Panamanian sugar mill built one hundred years ago in 1919. Subject to the whims of shifting global sugar geopolitics, the ingenio fell into a state of neglect, slowly being overtaken by the jungle. In the 1990s, prospective owners saw its potential for restoration and during that process, discovered an exhilarating historical relic. Clearing the overgrowth, they uncovered a 1922 copper-and-brass still from American & Brass Works of Cincinnati,
Ohio. The Las Cabras Distillery was born and world-class rum was ready for the world!
- Estate-grown Panameño sugarcane from the famed growing region of La Provincia de Herrera
- Freshly-harvested cane is crushed within 15 hours of harvest, then boiled and spun to separate the sweet and mineral-laden molasses for fermentation
- We ferment our molasses with a proprietary yeast partially extracted from pineapples
- Distillation in our 1922 copper-and-brass column still creates our hallmark supple, round flavor
- Our rum is adjusted to 75% ABV before aging three years in used American White Oak bourbon casks
- The 3 Year Blanco is bottled after natural process to remove barrel color without sacrificing flavor
- The Reserva expressions are aged for additional years in used Tennessee and Canadian whiskey casks that have been toasted, rather than charred, to better retain the rum’s natural characteristics
- All expressions are straight-aged, and contain no caramel colors nor artificial flavorings
ALL CONTENTS FULLY AGED • NOT A SOLERA PROCESS
[table id=9 /]